Four engines rushed to the flat fire in Hollymoor Lane just before 2am this morning. (Pic: Google) 19 Apr 2016 / Rachael Burford,

Firefighters were forced to break down a door last night after an Epsom man left his cooking on the stove. Four engines rushed to the flat fire in Hollymoor Lane just before 2am this morning. The flat had completely filled with smoke after a man, believed to be in his late 20s, put a pan on the stove and went out.

An Epsom firefighter said: “He’d left a pot on the cooker and gone out. We were preparing for the worst because at that time you think people might be asleep. “I have no idea what he was cooking but there was a lot less of it when we arrived. “He was very grateful when he got home.”

Source: Epsom firefighters called to 2am flat fire after man leaves his cooking on (From Your Local Guardian)

Epsom Flat fire sprinkler save: 29th June 2016

On 29th June at 00.04 hours a fire occurred in a flat in a 3 floor 26 x 27 meter supported living property in Epsom, Surrey.  

 The property was a sprinklered development designed to BS9251 and one concealed head activated in the open plan kitchen area, extinguishing the accidental fire.

 On arrival the fire service ensured the fire was out and used PPV to remove the smoke from the property.