Full Time – Nationwide
(Experienced or Trainee position available)
We are currently looking for a Sprinkler Service Field Engineer to join our service team. We welcome applications from candidates located within reasonable travel distance from our Head Office in Nottingham.
You will be carrying out the servicing of fire sprinkler systems, working independently, in domestic and residential properties, such as houses, care homes and apartment blocks. This role will involve liaison with your office based colleagues, customers and suppliers, completing paperwork and documentation, following relevant standards and being able to resolve site issues.
This role will also involve some installation of mist suppression systems, such as installing pumps and heads, connecting to alarm systems and testing/commissioning the works.
Due to the Working Time Regulations candidates must be aged 18 or over to be considered for this position.
Ideally candidates will:
- Be flexible with their working hours
- Be able to lodge away (typically 1 – 2 nights per week)
- Have previous mechanical/electrical/engineering experience
- Be educated to GSCE standard or above
- Be fit and healthy as the job requires lifting and being active
- Be organized, flexible and self motivated
- Have excellent communication skills
- A full clean UK driving licence
- A valid passport
- A CSCS card/Skillscard (or can obtain one before employment commences)
An experienced candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years experience working in a similar role
- Have a qualification, such as a BS:9521 Installer
Trainee Service Engineers can expect a basic salary of £17,368(u25)/£18,408(25+) (after initial 3 month training) rising to £25,480 when qualified + regular paid overtime + higher rates of pay for weekend working.
Senior Service Engineers can expect a basic salary of £27,456 + regular paid overtime + higher rates of pay for weekend working.
All uniform, PPE and Tools will be provided, as well as training if required, for this challenging and varied
environment. Most training will be site based practical training, but candidates will be expected to attend external and internal courses/training events when required.
Interested? Please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]