A-VENT – Automatic Smoke Vent System
Unique to Nationwide Fire Sprinklers we have developed the A-VENT atrium and stairwell smoke vent system which when linked to the A-TACS sprinkler controls will open the roof light ventilation shortly after sprinkler activation.
This revolutionary solution has the following features:-
- Only operates on full activation of sprinklers
- Auto closes on disarm of sprinklers
- Auto closes after 20 minutes
- Restores 90% visibility in around 3 minutes providing safe escape –even from concealed fires not yet extinguished but contained by the sprinklers
- Removes the requirement for separation of open plan areas from upper floors
- Saves on construction costs
- Saves compromising space on upper floor landings
- Prevents smoke bleeding into bedrooms on upper floors
- Permits occupants on upper floors to “stay put” for a few moments once they become aware of a fire and then pass safely down the stairwell to the final exit
- Suitable for application in any dwelling – smoke logging occurs in bungalows as well as 4 or 5-storey dwellings
A-VENT in loft conversions
Our sprinkler control system called A-TACS is now interlinked to our new product A-VENT which allows loft conversions to omit the separation required at first-floor landing levels.
Fully controlled by the A-TACS sprinkler system controls, the window opens and closes automatically – you don’t need to do anything at all.
You will be installing a roof light in your new staircase to the loft and we simply install our A-VENT onto your window.
You can save all the cost of building a wall and door on the first-floor landing which is much more than the A-VENT and you don’t have to put up with the hassle of having a door right in the middle of your landing which creates dark awkward spaces.
Call our technical team today for help and advice on this unique product.
“Domestic sprinklers, A-TACS & A-VENT have helped us get through building control so easily, it’s such a good idea and has allowed our project to move forward”Will & Kate